Construction Management (CM) of a workspace fitout is an essential project component that utilises careful planning and management to mitigate any potential risks throughout the construction and delivery.
Construction Management establishes and facilitates the project plan from the early stages of a project right through to construction delivery and close-out. By ensuring that there is effective control of the program, cost, quality, safety, scope and function of the project, it will guarantee a successful solution on time and on budget.
The key function of the CM process is to:
- Collaborate with designers, service engineers and contractors to develop the construction methodology and timeline.
- Estimate project costs and carry out value engineering to ensure the best solution for the best price.
- Provide due diligence and analysis of the project site to identify any potential risks or challenges with the site and any costs that may be incurred.
- Assemble a team of proven and professional service providers, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Setting measurable objectives and targets aimed at controlling higher-risk activities and increasing awareness of health and safety through stringent processes and tools such as project management software.
- Monitor on-site health and safety processes.
- Ensure the continued high quality of the trades, finishes and build.
- Ensure all council or statutory approvals are obtained before construction commences.
- Managing the day-to-day workflow of the project.
- Ensure that on practical completion of the project, defects are identified and resolved promptly.
- Provide the client with the necessary project handover documents, operational manuals and warranties.
Click here to talk to TRUE now about your relocation or refurbishment and what delivery methods are right for you. We’re always happy to guide our clients on the best solution.